Alexus Paul Sham - Immigration Law Made Simple
My Blog

Marriage after entering on B1/B2 visa

Many foreign nationals come to the United States on B1/B2 tourist visas. Generally these visas are issued to foreign nationals who show that they have enough strong ties to their home country when the I-94 expires usually 3 to 6 months.

However there is a frequent fact pattern where the foreign national ends up marrying a US citizen while on a tourist visa or shortly after the visa is expired. Before applying for a green card it is very important that the married couple consult an immigration attorney.

Several issues  can arise, including possible visa fraud, and if there are any other past visa violations.  In order to address these issues,  an immigration attorney must evaluate each case on its individual basis.  The green card process is complex and marriage based applications must show that the couple has entered the marriage in good faith.  Documentation should include photos, correspondence and letters from friends who have personal knowledge of the relationship.

8 Comments to Marriage after entering on B1/B2 visa:

Comments RSS
RAHUL MANGHANI on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:44 AM
I possess B1 visa issued by american consulate at new Delhi, valid Upto 2016. I wish to migrate in america and acquire a business and live there.Pls advise procedure. RGDS
Reply to comment

terracotta jewellery on Monday, August 26, 2013 1:32 AM
I think that your viewpoint is deep, it’s just well thought out and truly incredible to see someone who knows how to put these thoughts so well. Good job I read your post and I found it amazing .Your thought process is wonderful.terracotta jewelry The way you express yourself is awesome. Thank you for sharing this information, I would recommend it to my friends, and hopefully this article useful to those who read it. Thanks
Reply to comment

dubai prenup photography on Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:37 AM
Thanks to you! Lastly I got some things in your short article relevant. I was looking for some content relevant to issue involved in publish. Very useful and very useful. Thanks once again and do discuss some more content if you have!There is very good publish and charming pictures on the publish. It's reveals that how much essential and how looks stylish presently when it's wants. Thanks for discussing.
Reply to comment

Canadian Provincial Nominee Program on Tuesday, November 05, 2013 5:14 PM
The mountain of forms, and massive amount of information alone is enough to make most people want to throw in the towel when it comes to migrating to Canada. Most people do not realize that moving to Canada from another country is a difficult task.
Reply to comment

dubai wedding videographer on Saturday, June 07, 2014 10:15 AM
I'm thankful for finding your blog post about marriage. I've bookmarked this site and will return again soon.
Reply to comment

adres www on Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:26 AM
The kitchen is actually doubtless a key space in the home which takecare of the usb ports correct to be able to treat which will likely be counted as the most functional solution.
Reply to comment

online astrology on Saturday, November 01, 2014 5:10 AM
I read your article to learn a lot and hope to see your next article.
Reply to comment

strona internetowa on Sunday, January 25, 2015 4:02 AM
Both the kitchen in addition to relieve themself you possibly can consult individuals frequently In your kitchen, polished get the job done ought to be made use of as the tool that will significantly improve overall look within the room
Reply to comment